[Noisebridge-discuss] Dumb Terminals Anyone?

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Sun May 16 19:01:04 UTC 2010

Honestly you should do what i did.  I had a real dub terminal for my
sun/alpha hardware.  I switched to a p120 laptop with a built in
serial port and use hyper terminal.  I paid 20-30 bux for the laptop a
few years ago and it makes a great dumb terminal plus it has battery
power so it is portable.  If it breaks, it was 20 or 30 bux.  I had a
wireless card in it for a bit so I could connect to 802.11 b networks
and surf with it.  It could also play old school dos games.  Another
thing you could possibly do is put a usb to serial cable on a machine
inside the NB and use linux with minicom to share the access so
anyones laptop becomes an instant dumb terminal.