[Noisebridge-discuss] Request for a treasurers report

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Tue May 18 22:12:38 UTC 2010

I personally have not yet paid my dues. :(   That is non-excellent.

I didn't know how to (it was hard enough to get through the membership
process because of some hiccups). However, with that said, I found this:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Donate_or_Pay_Dues

I'll take care of it as soon as possible. I encourage any other loafers like
me to take care of this soon in light of the recent report.

Cheers,

Glen

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Jeffrey Malone <ieatlint at tehinterweb.com>wrote:

> [I didn't notice this til now -- don't read the discuss list much now,
> and even though it was CCed to me, my mail filter tagged it as discuss
> list and hid it from me]
>
> Amount in accounts: $9662.63
> Note: a $550 water bill (plus $50 deposit) is about to be paid, and
> $3600 in rent in a week.
>
> Why have our funds dropped so much?
> We've received less membership dues in recent months.  In March and
> April, we got $2548.68 and $3105.20 -- not enough to cover rent, let
> alone power + garbage + internet.
> Donations didn't close the gap much -- in March, we received $96.66
> and in April, $631.
> For May, to date we have received $30 in donations and $1306.66 in dues.
>
> How much does it cost to operate Noisebridge each month?
> $ 100.00 Internet
> $ 176.88 Garbage collection
> $ 320.00 Power (averaged estimate)
> $  80.00 Water/sewer (averaged estimate)
> $3600.00 Rent
> Total: $4276.88 (not including costs of things like TP, or our annual
> insurance payment)
>
> How much have we been bringing in each month?
> (difference from average monthly expense in brackets)
> Feb: $8234.57 [$3957.69] ($4.9k in donations received -- much of it
> google matching donation from 2009)
> Mar: $2385.16 [-$1891.72]
> Apr: $4108.48 [-$168.40]
> May: $1336.66 [-$2940.22] (as of 5/17 -- at present rate, we'll be
> around $1.7k short)
>
> If we continue to lose ~$1k/month, we'll be out of cash in approx 6 to 9
> months.
>

> Jeffrey

Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe