[Noisebridge-discuss] The Hacker Space Olympics

Alex Handy alexhandy at gmail.com
Mon May 24 18:46:23 UTC 2010

On the competitive side of things, there's a lot more options, I think. I like the idea of collaboration, but I think there should be a mix of both. After all, I'd wager the NB member-base can kick the ass of the PS-1 member base...

Two of the events I heard proposed at Maker Faire were a soldering competition and a drama competition.

The soldering event would be done in teams of three or so. One person would be given a device, like a C64. That person must de-solder the entire device. A second teammate must then document the disassembly process, and the resulting pieces and documents are then handed to a third person, who has been kept somewhere away from the first 2 teammates. That third person must then resolder the device together using only the documents generated by player 2.

The second idea was for a drama event, where the actual event is not announced until the end of the show, where one person is deemed most dramatic by vote from all those in attendance.

Those are the event ideas I've heard so far that I personally liked.