[Noisebridge-discuss] The Hacker Space Olympics

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Wed May 26 00:14:45 UTC 2010

There's one thing not on these lists that I think should be:

*repurposing things*

To me, a fundamental element of hackerdom is getting things to do things
that were never intended.  We've done this with everything from power point
presentations to software to electronic assemblies.

Another interesting twist: a collaboration competition, where individuals
form teams with people not from their own hackerspace.  The hackerspace with
individuals participating in the most successful collaborations win.

Christie
_______
""Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster;
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you." - Friedrich
Nietzsche