[Noisebridge-discuss] Electron Microscope

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Fri May 28 22:08:49 UTC 2010

While progress on getting the SEM at Noisebridge in solid working order is
slow, it is happening.  There are a number of people who are actively
working on it, and a number of others who are interested in seeing it remain
in the space.  If it were just sitting collecting dust, this request might
seem more reasonable, but as things stand, it is not.

Even if we wanted to give this up, it would be illegal for Noisebridge to
transfer donations to Hacker Dojo.  Since we are a 501(c)(3) organization
all donations to us are tax deductible.  The IRS Cares a Lot as to what
happens to the money and materials donated to us, so we don't wind up as
just a tax screen.  As Hacker Dojo is a 501(c)(6) organization, you are not
eligible to receive this donation, as donations to you are not also tax
deductible.

I hope this answers your questions.

Christie
_______
""Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster;
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you." - Friedrich
Nietzsche