[Noisebridge-discuss] Pcmcia or compactflash card to usb adaptor?

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 17:35:42 UTC 2010

Hey all

My Very First Laptop has finally succumbed to the blue screen of death,
almost 9 years after I bought it & contracted my Very First Worm.

Since I got my netbook, the old laptop, in combination with a pcmcia
doohickey, has functioned as a very elaborate cardreader for the digital SLR
camera that I was gifted sans adaptor cable.

I am hoping that someone can loan me a compactflash- or pcmcia-card-to-usb
device so I can get some pictures off my camera in the next few days, or
maybe there is one kicking around at NB?

Also, if anyone knows anything about/ has an extra of a weird type of usb
adaptor that looks like mini usb but is narrower (not flatter, like micro
usb, but narrower) i'd be way interested.
R.
mediumreality.com