[Noisebridge-discuss] Probability study group

Ben Weisburd ben.weisburd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 22:44:05 UTC 2010

Hi,
Is anyone interested in joining up to learn probability over the next 1.5
months or so?
There is a great text book that's available free online: Fundamentals of
Applied Probability Theory by Al
Drake<http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-041-probabilistic-systems-analysis-and-applied-probability-spring-2006/related-resources/>
The author taught probability at MIT for many years.
Ideally, we would meet once a week and go over 1 chapter. Depending on
people's interest, we could either have one person teach the chapter to
everyone else during the meeting, or we could each read the chapter at home
and do 10-or-so of the recommended problems. Then, we could spend the
meeting discussing what we found interesting/confusing and comparing answers
to the problems.

-Ben