[Noisebridge-discuss] a little Noisebridge update

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 00:56:26 UTC 2010

Long overdue updates to the updates.

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 1:19 AM, miloh <froggytoad at gmail.com> wrote:

> My Noisebridge bulleted maintenance update (sorry if you are reading this
> in Pine):
>

>    1. Tastebridge documents the Wednesday fermentation class (and other
>    Tastebridge events) with a Fuji s9000 digicam.  It usually lives on the
>    media shelf in the West end of the space between the windows, but Frantisek
>    has had trouble locating it.  If anyone can help Frantisek get it in time
>    for the 10/6 Tastebridge fermentation class, please do so.

The fujicam was found after awhile.  If anyone wants to use it, get it from
the media shelf for Noisebridge use only (don't take it out of the space as
it's currently used by groups for documentation here).
We need a nicer light tent and light ring for project documentation if
anyone has anything they can document, or can contribute towards purchase
of.

>    1. If you read this week's general meeting notes (
>    https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2010_10_05#Notes ),
>    you'll see that I made a complaint about party cleanup.  However, the only
>    out of the ordinary problem I had was that the coolers that were used for
>    drinks leaked water on the floor near the Rack Room from Saturday night to
>    Monday night.  The blue cooler didn't have a cap on the side spigot.  Stop
>    it up next time it gets used.
>    2. We need some new trash bag packs at Noisebridge, can someone with
>    Amazon prime help out?  Qty 3 will last months.
>                         Link:
>    http://www.amazon.com/Simplehuman-Trash-Liters-Gallons-20-Count/dp/B001F0RDOK (QTY 3!)

Still looking for someone to step up here and order trash bags for the
15gallon rubbish bins around Noisebridge.  The black 30 gallon bags are
being wasted up on the black bins.

>    1. We also have recycling.  I'll keep repeating this:  we have
>    recycling, which includes glass and aluminum.  Separate the waste streams at
>    their start while it's still easy; there's recycling bins throughout
>    Noisebridge 2169, e-waste bins in the shaft room, and wet trash bins as well
>    (include organics with landfill, for now).

We still have recycling.  Recycle dry paper, glass, metal and aluminium in
the bottle bins or blue bins around the space.

>    1. Trash still goes out Monday night and Thursday night.

I want people who have events on Thursday to adopt the trash baby.  That's
currently the Arduino group and 5MoF,

>    1. I am on the lookout for 2.5 inch IDE drives, down to 20GB is O.K.
>    Zach (who helps out with circuit hacking Monday) needs these to rejuvenate
>    some oldish laptops for some folks at Station 40.  If you have them to
>    spare, label them for Zach or me and drop them by Noisebridge on an
>    electronics area bench.

Thanks so much for helping put old drives to good use.

Cheers,

-R. Miloh Alexander