[Noisebridge-discuss] Pulse-dialing payphone and Payphone T-key

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sat Nov 13 21:46:02 UTC 2010

There's a beautiful old pulse-dialing payphone here at 2169. Since it
seems that none of the ATAs here support detecting pulse dialing as
signalling I bought a pulse dialing-to-DTMF adaptor to make use of it.

Sadly... it doesn't seem to ring (just like the red phone). I'd like
to pop into it and check out the ringer to see that there's nothing
broken, though admittedly I've never seen a phone like this out in the
wild (or ringing at that), so maybe this is from an era when payphones
didn't have ringers?

A long time ago I brought in a T-key for opening payphone chassis, but
I can't find it anymore (I haven't laid eyes on it since 83C). Does
anyone know where it might be or have one that I could borrow?

Cheers,
jof