[Noisebridge-discuss] Possible Help from NoiseBridge

Craig Dorety cdorety at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 02:01:42 UTC 2010

Hey All,

Some of you may remember me, most may not. I'm a friend of Mitch's from the
make community. He suggested I write to the NB list about a project I am
currently working on. I work with LED artist Jim Campbell (
http://jimcampbell.tv) and we are producing a large public piece for display
on Market Street here in San Francisco. The artwork involves over 4000 PIC
microcontrollers and 4000 LEDs. The project is sponsored by the SF arts
commission, and will be on display in the windows of 1119 Market for 6
months, starting December 9th.

We were given a very short deadline to build this elaborate matrix of LEDs
and will most likely need help with the assembly.

I'm writing to the NB discuss list to ask for this help.

Mitch mentioned this as possibly a good opportunity for people to practice
their soldering, or get faster at soldering.

I'm sad to say I can't offer this as an opportunity to *learn* to solder, as
we need folks who are already competent with an iron.

I could really use the help of 6 or 8 people on Saturday and Sunday of this
weekend (20th and 21st) between 10am and 5pm. I could even use some help
Friday night (6pm to 10pm) if anyone is interested.

I'll offer pizza and soda to any volunteers

Thanks, and I look forward to any help that can be offered.

--
--Craig Dorety
530.219.2966

White Light Labs