[Noisebridge-discuss] Graffiti Captcha for Mediawiki

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Nov 19 01:30:14 UTC 2010

Disclaimer: I don't know enough PHP to make such a thing be created out
of nothing.

http://www.tikirobot.net/wp/tikigraffiti/

This guy gave a presentation for just this thing a few years ago at
Dorkbot. The idea seems to work well if your site isn't a hot target. I
don't think Noisebridge is but if new images rotated in once a month,
I'm pretty sure we shouldn't have any more problems at the volume we're
seeing them now. Additionally adding in a process to slightly alter the
returned images on display each time the page is loaded will make it
harder for someone to simply review the site a bunch of times and create
a db of images to words.

This would also create a fun game for some of us to capture/create
ammunition for the system.

Any PHP hackers out there want to make a plugin for our instance of
Mediawiki that does exactly this?

Also there is the exact opposite of this...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/24/captcha-graffiti-tests-if_n_584016.html

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net