[Noisebridge-discuss] Covert video recording

Sai sai at saizai.com
Wed Nov 24 05:28:30 UTC 2010

For my thesis research, I need to make some high quality covert video
recordings of a four person conversation. (They'll be informed and
asked for consent etc afterwards.)

I can control the environment to a certain extent - i.e. it'll
probably be in a conference room or lounge that I can tamper with
ahead of time, something that wouldn't arouse suspicion.

If possible, I'd like to have a good face or at least body shot of
each person and an overall scene shot.

Video must be high quality (60fps, probably HD) because it will be
used in later research involving facial displays of emotion, the
important details of which can be very fast and subtle.

What would be the best way for me to do the recording?

The only equipment I currently have is a Sanyo VPC-PD2. I might be
able to get more from the university, but I wouldn't count on it.

Thanks,
- Sai