[Noisebridge-discuss] Bedbug eradication: who's in?

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Tue Nov 2 00:50:50 UTC 2010

How about hold a "make comfy furniture that can also be washed in a washing
maching" night?

Like, who WOULDN'T wanna hack in a hammock chair with built in, high
airflow, laptop sling?, and surly we can design the worlds most comfortable,
open source, Canvas, Accordion-Folding, Directors Love Seat?  We who have
been to burningman have seen all sorts of quick fab furniture that is comfy
and quickly stowed.  Just think how nice it would be to have a half dozen
plywood pews that can be packed away after every 5MOF.  I am sure there are
a hundred ideas on Instructables...because that's exactly how many results I
got when I searched for "couch".

I mean, cleaning furniture, in a public space, regularly, is great for many
other reasons than just bed bugs.  And the easier it is, the more frequently
it will get done.

They may not have to cost money, either...or need to be cleaned
http://www.instructables.com/id/Cardboard-Chaise-Lounge/

Obviously, it would take time, but it's about time noisebridge had an
upholstery class!