[Noisebridge-discuss] Extreme Pine Wood Derby

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 05:15:50 UTC 2010

I think  a lot of what you'd want would depend quite a bit on track
geometry. And the more thrust you have, its very easy to accidentally turn
your rocket powered car into a rocket powered rocket.

However, don't forget that if its no holds barred, fucking with the other
cars should probably go high up there on the priority list. Perhaps think a
little more Spy Hunter and/or Mario Kart? What about tire slashers, oil
slicks, or deployable bananas? Oh - and I think of the options listed below,
rocket engines may be the easiest to implement (buy "plugged" style engines
engines...they don't have that crazy exploding parachute ejection system.
Actually, look up a bit on model rocket engines on the always helpful wiki
page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_rocket#Motor_nomenclature). This
event sounds amazing BTW...is it open to any cool kid?

Sean

And P.S.> Please use the line "I've got your deployable banana right here".