[Noisebridge-discuss] usb 'dead drops' at noisebridge?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Sat Nov 6 00:16:16 UTC 2010

On 11/1/10 3:55 PM, Ronald Cotoni wrote:
> Me personally, I like living on the edge.  I open every attachment
> without fail and I also click every link I am ever given and fill all
> forms out.  Why not?  Whats life without a little excitement?????

Disabling DMA in device drivers that touch external storage or things
that purport to be external storage is a healthy and worthwhile option
of course it's easier to do on linux than say windows. between that and
conecting the usb perhipheral to a vm with a read only disk (think
knoppix)rather than to your actual bare metal machine you can probably
hold most nastiness found on random usb sticks at arms length.