[Noisebridge-discuss] usb 'dead drops' at noisebridge?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Sat Nov 6 01:40:47 UTC 2010

On 11/3/10 9:44 AM, travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org wrote:
> Another idea that has fascinated me is the concept of a wireless dead
> drop.

see bluejacking... This exists already...

Apple actually has a couple of patents on doing discovery via bluetooth
and then building an adhoc wireless network support high volume
transfers. various forms of nintendi do something similar if less
sophisticated for shared gaming.

> I don't know exactly how one would do it, but there are several
> possibilities.
>
> The actual location, purpose or ownership of said drop could be
> unknown.
>
> I sure wish transferring data over radio (i.e. between cell phones)

the cell mac and phy is tightly controlled by the operator and the
manufacturer in most cases there's a seperate basband processor running
the cellular stack, it's more productive to focus since wifi and
bluetooth are already way more suitable.