[Noisebridge-discuss] cheap USB Analyzer, or signal integrity tools?

John E neurofog at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 22:08:05 UTC 2010

I'm not a EE either, but i've been working with electronics since I was a
young child.
It depends on the voltage range. From what I recall, most expensive logic
analyzers will support input swings below 1v.
As long as the swing voltage is above around 2v, then there are ways to
protect it with signal diodes or FETs, so the problem isn't insanely
difficult.

Also, USB buses have more powerful drive circuitry, compared to say the
input pins of recent CPU, so the input stage wouldn't have to be as
sensitive.

John