[Noisebridge-discuss] Lathe

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 20:04:06 UTC 2010

only if other people made it that way. the 'tail stock' is just a collet
from a collet drill that should NOT be used with the lathe. Repeat: SHOULD
NOT BE USED WITH THAT LATHE.
On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Heiko Panther <heiko.panther at web.de> wrote:

> On 11/11/10 11:14 PM, meredith scheff wrote:
> > the one on the bench should work fine, unless someone (who didn't know
> > what they were doing, per the sign) fucked with it. It's ostensibly
> > mine, though it's on indef. loan to NB.
> > The one beneath the bench is noisebridge's and i have no idea if it
> > works well or not.
> > There are no tail stocks or cutting tools for either.
> >
> Hm, I thought I saw a tail stock and a tool on the one up the bench. I
> didn't see a chuck key, though.
> The tool post seemed a bit wonky, the cross-slide seemed loose. Has that
> been a problem?
>
> Heiko

doing stuff and making things
---
"The function of all art ... is an extension of the function of the visual
brain, to acquire knowledge; ...artists are, in a sense, neurologists who
study the capacities of the visual brain with techniques that are unique to
them. ." -Semir Zeki