[Noisebridge-discuss] brain-controlled robotics project

Steve Castellotti sc at puzzlebox.info
Wed Nov 17 13:40:21 UTC 2010

     Hey my pleasure and I will certainly bring my kit around whenever I
drop by. Most likely that will be Mondays though if someone interested
in collaborating is only available another particular night then maybe
some accommodation can be reached.

     In any case Rachel, I think at the start of the night you were
doing just fine with the single-direction thought control, before we
started running into all of that strange electrical noise showing up in
the raw EEG signals. Also bear in mind you were sitting down at the time
and later when trying to control the wheelchair were standing. The less
muscles are used the less EMG will cloud the EEG data.

     That's one of the reasons I always tell the kids that they need to
sit still before they try to focus and control the robots! We'll give it
another go next time for sure.

-S

--
Steve Castellotti