[Noisebridge-discuss] Bench grinder - dressing tool?

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 01:20:55 UTC 2010

oddly, googling 'grinder dressing tool' comes up with the
answer<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NPT6J8/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0021Z6CF4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1VQS09K4FBRQ0T9PNGAD>
!

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 8:38 AM, jim <jim at systemateka.com> wrote:

>   with respect to the bench grinder, what do you
> mean, "dressing tool". what might they hand me if
> i go to a full-line hardware store and ask for a
> dressing tool for a bench grinder?
>   also, how to set the bench grinder up for
> sharpening knives, axes, chisels, other cutting
> tools?
>

> On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 18:20 -0800, Heiko Panther wrote:
> > The bench grinder's wheels are pretty dull and clogged up with material
> > that it shouln't be used with. Is anyone aware of the existence of a
> > dressing tool? On the same note, is there a process for ordering
> > stuff/making purchases for NB, or making in-kind donations to NB?
> >
> > Heiko

doing stuff and making things
---
"The function of all art ... is an extension of the function of the visual
brain, to acquire knowledge; ...artists are, in a sense, neurologists who
study the capacities of the visual brain with techniques that are unique to
them. ." -Semir Zeki