[Noisebridge-discuss] Midnight Shop Class

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Nov 20 11:57:59 UTC 2010

Can you make a machine that takes in full sheets of plywood and makes
forests?  because i feel like there's already tons of furniture, in the
streets even, but not enough nature.

-jake
P.S. i'm serious

Shannon Lee <shannon at scatter.com> wrote:

Hey All,

Midnight shop class starts in half an hour!  To re-iterate, we're making a
CNC router; I'd like to make the kind that chews up a full sheet of
plywood and spits out furniture parts, but in reality, we're probably
going to go with something like this, at least to start:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Three-Axis-CNC-Machine-Cheaply-and-/

It has the advantage of having an instructable, and also that one of the
guys from Ace Monster Toys already made one, so we can ask him what we did
wrong.

Tonight is mostly going to be planning and prepwork, with a modicum of
cutting.

Come on down and help us get going!

--S

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Shannon Lee <shannon at scatter.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> In an effort to make as much noise as possible late at night, I'm going
> be hosting Midnight Shop Class from 12:00am on, starting this Friday at
> (duh) midnight (that is to say, starting the minute after 11:59pm Friday
> night).  Our first project will be "building a CNC router."
>
> This Friday night will probably mostly be taken up in discussion of
> sourcing and planning, but there may be some actual tool use too.
Please