[Noisebridge-discuss] Pay your damn dues / Dec. 24th is jof day

Noisebridge Treasurer treasurer at noisebridge.net
Wed Nov 24 22:33:38 UTC 2010

We are currently using xero.com, and it sort of provides this service.
It took some figuring out, and it won't be ideal. I started
implementing this when I began my term as treasurer. I don't know if
the auto-nag emails will be desirable for everyone. Sometimes when
people don't pay dues it's because they genuinely can't afford it. I
think in many cases it's preferable to have that handled by humans,
and I think that I can implement a reasonable system for farming out
this job to treasury minions.

As Rachel pointed out, Paypal auto-payments sometimes die for no
apparent reason. This is probably a perfect situation for automatic
emails. These members fully intend to pay, and want it done
automatically, without having to check on it all the damned time.  One
of our members is currently working on a tool that will do this for
us.

-Kelly