[Noisebridge-discuss] 3D RGB LED matrix

Tymm Twillman tymmothy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 23:56:22 UTC 2010

Looks like it's wired "charlieplexed" which is at least a place to start.

I couldn't see from the link what the controlling hardware is; if it's like an AVR or like an 89c51 or what.  Cleanest (though not necessarily easiest, based on CPU) would be to program a similar chip to what's on there with new stuff, if you can't wipe the current one & reprogram it.

Could almost certainly be controlled via Arduino if you really wanted, though you might have to implement shift registers to get enough pins.