[Noisebridge-discuss] Projection format

Patrick Keys citizenkeys at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 21:22:03 UTC 2010

Got it backwards, TeeTrizZz.
No compelling benefit to converting to film if the source is already
digital (dvd).
Film's wonderful benefit is great color saturation, but if your source
was digital then you don't really get that by converting to film.
Modern video projectors, and certainly any independent film festival,
will be able to play the dvd directly.
Save your money and just send the dvd.
Flash thumb drive upon which you've copied the entire contents of the
DVD might also be good.
DVD's get corrupted or the film festival might not have a computer with
a DVD drive, which is increasingly common.
Another money-saving option is converting the dvd to a video file and
emailing/uploading it to the film festival, but that would degrade the
video quality by compression.
Corruption and degradation can be fun, but not when it comes to video.

Patrick