[Noisebridge-discuss] come to APE, you jerks.

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 04:30:52 UTC 2010

Come to the Alternative Press Expo <http://comic-con.org>, this weekend.
You fucks love art. You always say so. You're always talking about how much
we need more local art, or how we should support artists. APE, well, it's
all about the f'ing independent and alternative artists, a lot of whom are
cartoonists. If you start on 'I don't like comics', shut up for one fucking
second and listen. Listening? good. These aren't your poppa's comics. Well,
some of them are, but most of them are so different from one other, you're
guaranteed to like something there. There are some seriously fucking amazing
artists that put their blood, sweat and fucking tears in with their ink for
months and months to make these fucking things. And it's rarely appreciated.
 Comics have changed a whole metric shit-ton in the last ten years. If
you're not reading webcomics, you fucking should be. There's some
bad<http://meekcomic.com/>
 ass <http://oglaf.com/snowqueen/> shit <http://octopuspie.com/> out there,
and you are missing the fuck out, my friend, if you don't read them.
There's also a ton of just straight-up artists and craftspeople there,
making some incredible stuff, just sitting there, waiting for you to check
it out.
It makes me near to sick how many of you dolts haven't been to APE. It's in
San Francisco, where most of us live or at least couchsurf, it's cheap ($10)
and fucking incredible. If you say you appreciate art and you haven't been
to ape, I know you are a fucking liar, and most likely also hate puppies.
Probably kick them, too, and enjoy their pathetic little yelps. You fucking
jerk.

Anyways, I'll be exhibiting there.
Love you jerks,
Meredith