[Noisebridge-discuss] Full disk encryption - compare / contrast?

Douglas Worley daworley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 19:58:52 UTC 2010

Hey Hackers, I got a question for y'all.

I am working on a project that includes rolling out full disk encryption as
part of a cross platform Windows/Mac and maybe Linux deployment.  So far the
biggest contenders are WinMagic and PGPDisk.

Does anybody have experience with these tools?  Any first hand experience
with them in the trenches?

And peripheral to this discussion... where should I research weaknesses in
AES versus PGP encryption?  My googling is not showing anything super recent
or useful.

Cheers, and thanks in advance.
  - D