[Noisebridge-discuss] Question re fisheye optics

Gian Pablo Villamil gian.pablo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 02:14:38 UTC 2010

So I have this Nikon FC-E9 fisheye converter lens, the one that looks like a
giant mushroom. I can fit it to my camcorder using a 46mm to 37mm step ring.
However, I don't get the full circular image - it is cut off top and bottom.

I figure I need to insert some kind of wide-angle optic in there - anyone
have any ideas of what might work? Most wide converters for camcorders don't
have additional threads for filters, so I'm guessing I would have to machine
some kind of adapter.