[Noisebridge-discuss] 4 more [PAID TESTERS] for Mitch's sleep mask project‏

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 31 21:49:52 UTC 2010

Awhile back I asked for (and got) several people to help me test out my electronic sleep mask project.  I need 4 more testers.

I need people who are willing to pick up and drop off their sleep masks at Noisebridge in the coming week.

This sleep mask project is what my Brain Machine was simplified from.  Though the Brain Machine is kinda harsh, this project is a comfortable sleep mask (using with dim lights and nice sounds) intended to help some percentage of people sleep better.

They have worked well on most of the people who've tried them so far.

I have new prototypes of my mask ready for people to test out, and I can use the help of 4 more people to try them out and see what they think of it.  And I can pay you to do it.

If you have trouble sleeping, maybe these will help you.  And maybe not.  I'd love to see how they work on you.  But even if you don't have trouble sleeping, it would still be way helpful for me if you could try them out and give me feedback.

What I need is for people to try them out and give your comments.  Like, are they comfortable to wear, to sleep with?  Is the sound pleasing, annoying, OK enough?  How's the volume?  Are the lights OK?  How's the brightness?  How do you feel while wearing them?  Do they help you sleep?  How do you feel when you wake up after wearing them for a night?  And overall impression and comments.

We'll then tweak the firmware based on the first round of comments, and then we'll have you try it again, up to three times over a period of a week or two.

The mask is made from memory foam, with electronics embedded in it, and the entire thing is inside of a soft cotton covering (with cool graphics, of course).  It generates soft, gentle sounds with a sequence of brainwave frequencies embedded, dim lights of different colors fading in and out at the same frequencies.

This project does work with blinking lights, so people sensitive to blinking lights, or anyone prone to seizures, such as epileptic people, should probably stay away from this project.

Anyone interested, please email me off-list:
     mitch *at* cornfieldelectronics *dot* com

If you can help out, I'd be much appreciative.

Feel free to pass this along to anyone you think might be interested.

Thanks,
Mitch.