[Noisebridge-discuss] LAN party gaming group: Please stop using Noisebridge resources for your own personal enjoyment of computer game play

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 07:38:22 UTC 2010

so lemme get this straight: some guys are coming into the space and leeching
power, internet, and physical space, for the sake of playing a game? hot
piss i'm coming over! i'll bring my sleeping bag and seed some torrents to
get my ratio up (actually since that'd prolly slow my tower i'll bring one
or two separate towers for that task. just tell me if you want something of
yours seeded and i'll see what i can do). who said the space is meant for
purely productive activities?

YEAH COMMON RUBIN LIGHTEN UP YA OLD MAN LOL WE'RE ONLY USING THE SPACE FOR
UNPRODUCTIVE PERSONAL USE WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? I'M ON YOUR LAWN NOT GETTIN'
OFF HA HA.

also why only zergspace? how about WoWspace? CODspace? oh oh Unrealspace (i
like the sound of that one). i'm sure we can fit a class or two in about
pwning bitches. makes it legitimate, yeah?

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Matt Joyce <matt at nycresistor.com> wrote:

> Rubin, while I come from more... discerning hacker space origins, I do know
> that noisebridge does have at least one rule everyone is supposed to adhere
> to.
>
> And in so far as being excellent to others is concerned, you have failed
> utterly to achieve even the lesser values of satisfactory.
>
> Or, in terms you might understand.  <snooty english lord accent> you sir,
> are a cock. </end accent>
>
> lol dongs.
>

> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:
>
>> Robert Fletcher wrote, On 20101003 204642:
>> > Rubin, I would love to argue each one of your points, seeing as how
>> they're
>> > all either blown vastly out of proportion or, in most cases, entirely
>> > false.  However, more important, I think, is to discuss the act of
>> sending
>> > flaming messages to the list, and how such thoughtless criticism
>> negatively
>> > affects the culture of the space.  I've met a number of awesome people
>> who
>> > have visited Noisebridge only to stop coming specifically because of
>> having
>> > had a run in with someone like you.  This is not excellent behavior, and
>> > whatever contributions you make to Noisebridge are negated completely by
>> > driving off great people who can bring awesome things to the space given
>> > enough acceptance to express themselves.  Just because you don't like
>> > something that doesn't make it invalid.  I don't find a great deal of
>> value
>> > in parties that result in someone being shipped off to Singapore for a
>> day,
>> > but that doesn't mean I think it has any less right to be there.
>>  (Though,
>> > admittedly, I voted for the Singapore option, too.  I don't think
>> > Noisebridge needs any more phalluses...or dicks.)
>>
>> Actually if I don't like something it does make it invalid to me, which
>> is why I more or less stated that in my previous email.
>>
>> Non-excellent behavior is in the eye of the beholder my friend.
>>
>> > Bottom line is, if you have concerns about something related to
>> Zergbridge
>> > or otherwise, by all means talk to us.  I assure you, we're all very
>> > reasonable and friendly people, and as much as anything we want to make
>> > positive contribution to Noisebridge.  You aren't winning any battles or
>> any
>> > friends by sending out passive aggressive notes full of unsubstantiated
>> > arguments while we happen to be sitting ten feet away.
>>
>> I am talking to you, over this list, as it pertains to the space, giving
>> you and the group you're involved with to come up with articulate
>>
>> Considering that the 10something people who came up to me after I fired
>> off my initial email regarding this, all agreed with my view point and
>> more or less said "I've been wanting to say something to them for a
> [...]

Trying to fix or change something, only guarantees and perpetuates its
existence.