[Noisebridge-discuss] The point of Noisebridge, we're shooting a hacker to Singapore

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Oct 4 18:09:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Mike Schachter <mike at mindmech.com> wrote:
> I think a clearer explanation would be more "excellent", and second
> Gardner's suggestion. Especially given all the perceived budget problems
> of a few months back, what was the rationale for spending money on this
> when it could have been spent on infrastructure or rent instead? How much
> money was actually spent? Call me crazy, but an email at 4:30am on a
> Sunday morning at the end of a party makes me suspicious of motivations
> and rationality for that decision.

To be clear, this was spent as a result of this party:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/To_Your_Wishes:_An_evening_of_guaranteed_chance...
This wasn't Noisebridge money.

I sadly wasn't there (had to see a friend join the Six Feet Under Club
at Arse this year), but I was surprised too as to how the money got
spent. I was expecting something like "Let's donate it all to the
EFF!" or "Let's build a ball pit in the DJ Booth!"
Must have been some party!

Cheers,
jof