[Noisebridge-discuss] Unproductive Movie Night

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 22:55:58 UTC 2010

I was at the space working a few weeks ago during a movie screening, it was
not too disruptive of my soldering although it was pretty hard to see
everything even with a desk lamp...but it completely blocked me off from the
sewing machine.  I didn't mind too much because it was a screening of a
movie a guy had made, and he was there to talk about it.  And it was about
gaming, which seemed super relevant.

I would personally hate to see the space used for general movie-watching
because of how hard it makes it to do a lot of the constructive activities
that I use NB for.  These kinds of projects (and also shop projects) already
have to work around presentations and other events like arse electronica
that i think we will all agree certainly contribute in a unique way to the
character of the space.

0.02
R.