[Noisebridge-discuss] Ready to restart Arduino Thursdays at Noisebridge

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 03:24:25 UTC 2010

While on my most recent workshop tour (Eastern Europe and Belgium hackerspaces and hacker conferences) someone asked if I could do a workshop on TV-B-Gone on Arduino.  I didn't even know someone had created an Arduino version of TV-B-Gone, but someone did.  There were a few bugs in their setup which I fixed, and I bought all the parts so that 10 people could make a TV-B-Gone from a Ladyada BoArduino kit.

I'll be home all of October.  If there's interest, I could lead a workshop for totaly newbies to solder together a BoArduino (learning to solder, if needed -- this is no problem for anyone!), and showing how the Arduino works enough to make it turn off TVs in public places from up to 50 meters away.  We'll use solderless breadboards, which are a great tool to get to know so that you can quickly put projects together without needing solder (and if you like the results, you can then solder together a more permanent solution).

Is there interest in such a workshop?  It would probably be a 4- or 5-hour workshop.  It could be in one night, or in two.

Mitch.