[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] Discussion item: Banning Rubin

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Wed Oct 6 18:55:47 UTC 2010

The way Rubin handled the recent situation is not the way that I would
handle it, of course. I always believe in trying to give everyone the
benefit of the doubt, see things from their point of view first, and then
respond with kindness but firmness (although I'm not always successful at
this).

Regardless, I would block banning Rubin or Aestetix from the space. And, I
do understand the consequence of what 'blocking' means from a consensus
perspective. I've never suggesting blocking before. However, I  really
believe that this is necessary in this case.  (I am also a current member
with dues paid.)

Of course, any good consensus would require discussion and I would listen
with an open mind. I doubt there will be strong enough arguments to sway me
from blocking, but I would listen first, of course.

Warmest Regards to all (Hephaestus, Rubin  and Aestetix alike),

Glen

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Sai <noisebridge at saizai.com> wrote:

> Preemptive tagging for sortability. :)
>
> - Sai
>

> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Hephaestus <hephaestus at antipunk.net>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm sorry I wasn't able to make the meeting last night, because I
>> missed my chance to bring up an important issue to the noisebridge
>> community. I propose, for consensus, that we ban Rubin from
>> noisebridge, and all services thereof.
>>
>> He's an intentionally disruptive influence, he revels in it. In the 10
>> years I've known him, he hasn't yet turned into a responsible adult,
>> and I doubt he ever will. His public behavior is reprehensible and not
>> at all in following with our one and only rule: be excellent to
>> eachother.
>>
>> --
>> Heph

Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe