[Noisebridge-discuss] The future of Python class at Noisebridge

aditya bhargava aditya at wefoundland.com
Wed Oct 6 20:45:44 UTC 2010

That would be great. I want to create assignments that are actually
interesting and maybe teach something a little extra. For example, I thought
pascal's triangle could be a good way to learn about loops. I'll start
writing the framework for the module soon so people can contribute actual
assignments if they want. But ideas would be welcome too.

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 1:16 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>   you want some help by way of ideas or examples or
> whatever other contributions to your PyClass mod?
>

> On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 13:07 -0700, aditya bhargava wrote:
> > Guest speakers would be awesome. I think it would be pretty cool if
> > you stopped by to introduce PyGame, or to talk about some if it's more
> > complex concepts.
> >

> > What I would really like to do is create the PyClass module I talked
> > about, and then write up a bunch of assignments. It would be cool if I
> > could write these as unit tests, so students would get immediate
> > feedback on whether their program works or not. I've been talking to
> > Daniel and it sounds like people with different skills show up to the
> > classes, so if I had a whole set of assignments written I could teach
> > each class based on the level that the current attendees are at. I
> > also like the module idea because people can work ahead if they want
> > and try their hand at the bigger problems.
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Albert Sweigart <asweigart at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >         I could always fill in the odd week or so for the Python
> >         classes, but
> >         I don't really have any firm ideas for a curriculum (if that
> >         would
> >         even work with the format of the class). Mostly I just show up
> >         and
> >         offer to go over whatever other people want to go into.
> >
> >         -Al

> > --
> > wefoundland.com

wefoundland.com