[Noisebridge-discuss] Searching for EagleCad workshop, anyone, anyone

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Wed Oct 20 00:12:43 UTC 2010

I think one of them was me?

Holler and I'll do it again.

Boz, sounds like you are well on your way. A few tips:

1. Print out the layout on stiff paper and stuff your components into
it. This will ensure the footprints are reasonable and there's room
for everything.

2. If you haven't used a part/footprint before, double check hole
sizes with a caliper. My one memorable goof involved holes too small
for leads.

3. Preview your gerbers with gerbv or Pentalogix Viewmate to make sure
layers and drills line up. (Never had a problem with this stage but
it's reassuring to see the output). Check DFM at freedfm.com, they
will also send you a pdf of your layers.

A few more tips here: http://wiki.orbswarm.com/index.php?title=The_PC_Board_Page

Good luck, give me a holler off list if you want.