[Noisebridge-discuss] Request for Expertise: Java EE

William Sargent will.sargent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 03:22:47 UTC 2010

On Oct 19, 2010, at 12:57 PM, Mike Schachter wrote:

> Just remembered, instead of EJBs use Hibernate!
>
> http://www.hibernate.org/
>
> It's an ORM tool (object-relational mapping) that persists
> java objects back and forth from databases and provides
> an object-oriented query language, which is a must-have
> these days.
>
>   mike

So tech stackwise:

Database: PostgreSQL for DB stuff (or anything but MySQL), hsql if you must speed things up for integration tests
DB Migrations: Liquibase
Testing: TestNG, with Mockito as the mocking framework
Build: Maven 2.2.1
ORM: Hibernate
General glue and config: Spring
Front End: Wicket or Struts
Acceptance Testing: Selenium Webdriver (leaps and bounds better than the 1.x release)

I did some research on Appfuse, and he's got a Maven archetype set up now which looks fairly recent (November 2009).  This should get you set up with a new project that has all the right settings and should make a good base.

http://appfuse.org/display/APF/AppFuse+QuickStart