[Noisebridge-discuss] Discussion item: Banning Rubin

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Thu Oct 21 20:03:02 UTC 2010

Hey now, Iowa's traditionally one of, if not the, most progressive state in
the midwest.  The third state to have gay marriage, with great public
schools due to heavy investment, and a key conduit in the underground
railroad for slaves from Missouri.

Don't ruin it by going there and voting red.  If you're dead-set on that,
move to Kansas.  They don't even have gay marriage yet, and teach
creationism in schools.

(This message brought to you by the bureau of expat Iowans, who remind you:
we're among you, everywhere.)
--
/jbm

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:51 AM, meredith scheff <satiredun at gmail.com>wrote:

> If schizophrenics who follow you around and yell at you, filthy hippies who
> use NB as an apartment, theifs, druggies, known fugitives, fetishists of the
> weird, purveyors of smut, christians, atheists, astrology-buffs, vegans,
> polyamorists, monogomists, and I can all exist at noisebridge and Rubin is
> thrown out, I'm moving to iowa and voting red because shit, man, the
> terrorists have already won.
>

> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Joachim Pedersen <joachimp at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I hear that sulfur is good at cleaning up mercury, maybe it will work
>> for cleaning up Rubin's penis...
>> In all of the 1.5 years I've known Rubin, he has been fucking awesome
>> to the MAX!
>>
>> >intentionally disruptive influence
>> I love it! Be disruptive! I want it more more more! Break out of the
>> shell, deal with the social angst!
>>
>> >hasn't yet turned into a responsible adult
>> 4 reels? you got to be trolling here... I mean really, do responsible
>> adults hang out in a former sweat shop hacking the planet and being
>> general hackerspace types?
>>

>> -Joachim
>> ------------------------------
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 11:16, Hephaestus <hephaestus at antipunk.net> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I'm sorry I wasn't able to make the meeting last night, because I
>> > missed my chance to bring up an important issue to the noisebridge
>> > community. I propose, for consensus, that we ban Rubin from
>> > noisebridge, and all services thereof.
>> >
>> > He's an intentionally disruptive influence, he revels in it. In the 10
>> > years I've known him, he hasn't yet turned into a responsible adult,
>> > and I doubt he ever will. His public behavior is reprehensible and not
>> > at all in following with our one and only rule: be excellent to
>> > eachother.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Heph
>>

> --
> doing stuff and making things
> ---
> "The function of all art ... is an extension of the function of the visual
> brain, to acquire knowledge; ...artists are, in a sense, neurologists who
> study the capacities of the visual brain with techniques that are unique to
> them. ." -Semir Zeki

Josh Myer 650.248.3796
 josh at joshisanerd.com