[Noisebridge-discuss] So, how many people live at noisebridge now?

rachel lyra hospodar rachel at mediumreality.com
Thu Oct 21 22:45:09 UTC 2010

On 10/21/2010 3:19 PM, Shannon Lee wrote:
> It occurs to me that what the space really needs is some big red "WARNING:
> BEDBUGS" signs.
>
> --S

god, you know what we need?  exit signs.  seriously, and exits.  It's a
whole nother kind of obscene that the most prominent safety exit has
been decommissioned because nobody wanted to say anything to the
landlord when they took it away, or that the fruit boxes keep
encroaching further and further on our only recognizable exit, or that
our actual fire escape is completely inaccessible.  As soon as I deal
with the first aid kit, on which i have been slacking mightily, fire
exits and fire safety (like the stacked milk crates of flammable
petroleum products in the shop) is next on my list of Things to Examine.

Maybe if we took ourselves seriously others would too.  wow, let me say
that again.

Maybe if we took ourselves seriously others would too.

As long as we use the space to do casual-looking home-type activities
like laying around and watching shit on your laptop, and encourage huge
unmoderated sprawling piles of semi-useless junk, people will see it as
a place where things can accumulate unnoticed.  Like their sleeping
asses and any included vermin.

but then, it's a lot easier to discuss and complain about what other
people are doing than to examine what we are not doing.

R.