[Noisebridge-discuss] So, how many people live at noisebridge now?

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 23:22:56 UTC 2010

did we just agree to continue to do nothing? I'm sure that will _totally_
solve the problem.
(/sarcasm).
Where is it on the wiki?

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Ari Braginsky <contact at aribraginsky.com>wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy
> --
> Ari Braginsky
> Game developer / Flash, iPhone, .Net, and Web 2.0 Engineer
>
> contact at aribraginsky.com
> aribraginsky.com
> blog.aribraginsky.com
> twitter.com/lemonkey <http://twitter.com/lemonkey>
>

> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Anselm Hook <anselm at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> Pretty much everything we do is on a case-by-case basis and it lets us
>>> not have Rules, which then we'd have to enforce, even if it didn't make
>>> sense to do so.  I'm all for case-by-case bases.
>>>

>> I like this statement in general. If our whole civilization could practice
>> mindfulness we could probably avoid a lot of the horrible things that happen
>> to people when they fall between the cracks.
>>
>> Admittedly - dealing with a situation on its own terms, taking the time to
>> look at all the factors, weighing the best possible outcomes is hugely time
>> consuming. The problem we face as humans is limited time, energy and
>> cognitive resources to fully solve all the challenges we face - although
>> given sufficient time we could produce better outcomes for any one of those
>> challenges than any hard rule. As well of course the universe is so
>> blisteringly complicated and outcomes so perverse that the side effects of
>> any action we take almost always dominate over the intended consequences.
>>
>> Nevertheless I am still in favor of at least trying to be mindful and
>> avoiding the fall to rule. It is good practice. And while the discussion may
>> be raucous- the alternatives are often worse.

doing stuff and making things
---
"The function of all art ... is an extension of the function of the visual
brain, to acquire knowledge; ...artists are, in a sense, neurologists who
study the capacities of the visual brain with techniques that are unique to
them. ." -Semir Zeki