[Noisebridge-discuss] Discussion item: Banning Rubin

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Oct 22 01:46:44 UTC 2010

Hark.. has this thread made it yet?... to the epic ranks of:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Drama

A history of Noisebridge-discuss epic threads

There is a blog <http://noisedrama.tumblr.com/> dedicated to Noisebridge
drama.
[edit<https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Drama&action=edit&section=5>
]The one about children at Noisebridge (77)

May 2009 After an unexpected group of children showed up at Noisebridge one
day, an extensive discussion regarding children in the space ensues. Whether
or not hackers knew how to act in the presence of children was debated. To
this day no other unexpected groups of children have arrived at Noisebridge.
This thread sparked such great conversations as "Noisebridge Day Care
Center" and "adult themed posters in a do-ocracy"
[edit<https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Drama&action=edit&section=6>
]The one about mercury on the table (50)

June 2009 Some droplets of mercury were discovered on the tale at the 83C
Wiese space. Extensive discussion over where the mercury came from and the
proper protocol for clean up ensued. Noone is sure why we don't have a full
haz-mat suit on site yet.
[edit<https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Drama&action=edit&section=7>
]The one about putting stuff in the 'DJ Booth/server room' (64)

Somebody wanted to put some of their stuff in the DJ booth. Some other
people complained. Yet other people called those people over controlling.
The door to the room was covered over with drywall, and now you need a
ladder to climb in through the window.
[edit<https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Drama&action=edit&section=8>
]That one about someone accidentally offending a trans person

At some point someone wrote "Cool story, bro" without realizing they were
addressing a trans woman. It did not go over well. Someone who was trans
complained that they felt disrespected. Another person claimed it was
unintentional. Everyone said they like trans people just fine, and some
people said it was a dumb thing to be arguing about.
[edit<https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Drama&action=edit&section=9>
]That one about moving the couch on top of the dark room (20)

November 2009 Somebody put a sofa on top of the dark room as it was still
under construction. Someone else took it down. Someone put it back up again,
affixing it with screws. Someone wrote an email complaining. The sofa is no
longer on top of the dark room (at this writing)
[edit<https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Drama&action=edit&section=10>
]That one about getting wifi from monkeybrains (31+)

November 2009 Someone paid monkeybrains <http://www.monkeybrains.net/> to
install a fast wireless internet connection. Someone else thought that it
might hurt the effort to install a fiber connection. Lots of people had
opinions about how the world works.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Ari Braginsky <contact at aribraginsky.com>wrote:

> Wife is a Hawkeye and I spent some time in that fair state.
>
> --
> Ari Braginsky
> Game developer / Flash, iPhone, .Net, and Web 2.0 Engineer
>
> contact at aribraginsky.com
> aribraginsky.com
> blog.aribraginsky.com
> twitter.com/lemonkey <http://twitter.com/lemonkey>
>

> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Robert Fletcher <lobatifricha at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Rednecks in da house!
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Zedd Epstein <zedd.00 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Holla!

Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe