[Noisebridge-discuss] The Pirate Book

Kragen Javier Sitaker kragen at canonical.org
Sat Oct 23 04:36:58 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 04:30:11AM +0000, Jason Dusek wrote:
>   I need to obtain many books and papers without paying all the
>   time. For example, I would really like a German copy of Homo
>   Faber right now. Some time ago, I needed "Predictive parser
>   combinators need four values to report errors" and it was out
>   of print (not available for any price). I was very lucky that
>   someone scanned in and mailed me a copy.
>
>   The Pirate Bay doesn't have these kinds of things.

Sometimes www.ebookee.net does, though.  It has Homo Faber in German
listed at the moment.  Please check to make sure you're not infringing
your local copyright law whenever you download a book from ebookee;
it lists many books that are clearly legal to copy, such as The Wealth
of Networks and Kunst-Formen der Natur, but I'm not familiar with
whether Homo Faber is one of them.

Kragen