[Noisebridge-discuss] recovering failed solid state drive (1st gen Macbook Air)

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Sun Oct 24 04:44:29 UTC 2010

Depending on the specific failure associated with the "disk" the likelyhood of recovery is somewhere between exceptionally hard and infeasible. If the controller has meerly damaged the datastructure there still data to be recovered in a conventional fashion, if the controller has failed, it shares a pcb with the the flash, if the a flash element has failed they are interleaved so something like one of every four to ten blocks is now gone.

Joel's widget number 2