[Noisebridge-discuss] DMCA Takedown / Complaint

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Oct 26 23:43:47 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 04:17:42PM -0700, Jonathan Lassoff wrote:
> Monkeybrains just called the VoIP phone to let us know that they just
> got a complaint (sounded like it may be from MediaSentry) about
> someone using Monkeybrains for sharing illegal content through our NAT
> address.
>
> I think this must have been from something in the past since we've
> been defaulting to Sonic.net for a while now, though it is possible
> that someone is using gorilla's gateway directly.

I'm definitely interested in resolving this issue.  I'll be at the
meeting tonight; please bring any info you have to the meeting.

A few questions:

Do we qualify for the DMCA safe harbor?  If not, why not?

What information has the complainant provided to our upstream?

Once we have some information, we can probably ask our lawyers to help
draft an appropriate response if that turns out to be necessary.

-andy