[Noisebridge-discuss] DMCA Takedown / Complaint

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Oct 27 00:17:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:
> I'm definitely interested in resolving this issue.  I'll be at the
> meeting tonight; please bring any info you have to the meeting.
>
> A few questions:
>
> Do we qualify for the DMCA safe harbor?  If not, why not?

Beats me. I am no lawyer.

> What information has the complainant provided to our upstream?

I've asked them to forward the complaint. Andy, I think they have your
information as contact info (he said he has your email as the contact
for the account).

> Once we have some information, we can probably ask our lawyers to help
> draft an appropriate response if that turns out to be necessary.

Probably nothing drastic is necessary. Rudy asked that we just put up
a sign to say "hey, no illegal file sharing" or something.

We'll chat tonight.

Cheers,
jof