[Noisebridge-discuss] DMCA Takedown / Complaint

Sai noisebridge at saizai.com
Wed Oct 27 00:21:06 UTC 2010

Don't we have a tor node running on the same IP?

The standard "lolwut, an IP is not a person and you can only sue
specific people, kthxbye" (in polite legalese of course) response
seems appropriate here.

If, indeed, it ever goes past this... which it probably wouldn't. I
got lots of DMCAs through Sonic (running an open tor node). They
always forwarded 'em to me, having told the lawyers that without a
subpoena they could fuck off. Which is a major plus IMO to Sonic for
customer friendly service/policies. :-)

I'd hope that Monkeybrains would have the same policy of not releasing
info when they're not actually forced to. It's unlikely that
MediaSentry (or whoever) would bother actually getting a subpoena for
customer info, let alone being able to pin it on anyone particular.

But just in terms of being nice to bandwidth, NB probably isn't good
for torrenting.

- Sai