[Noisebridge-discuss] hackbus, mobilebridge

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 19:27:58 UTC 2010

Hi to All and to Johannes especially!

Ohh you bet that we read your staff! I've checked the webpage already months ago
but it was not my priority because I was working on establishing food hacking as
a concept as Tastebridge. Now hacker bus becomes very handy because of the
further food and beverage hacking promotion activities.
I would say that the main advantages  and reasons of spearheading the hacker
mobile project in SF Bay Area are numerous:

- cool project of mobile hacker space creation with things like robotic crew
member, mobile communication point and tun of other options will bring people
together with quite clear outputs
- great opportunity to promote hacking both in urban and rural areas in a cost
sound manner
- really good for going for conferences around the continent with all the cool
staff having without problems with you and of course showing your staff in other
hacker spaces and reconnecting
- I believe it is also fine way how to get more funds for hacker spaces through
promotion and donations
- use it as a transportation option and help for build up of hacker center in
Tzajala, Chiapas, Mexico (will be posted today) which is the main project now
what I'm working on

Well as you can see there are a lots of ideas and it would be great if you could
comment on some in the future because you have got something what we do not have
- practical experience. I would be especially interested these points:

- how you think that we should get fundings, kick starter sounds good to me

- should we get rather a smaller vehicle for the start with cheaper usage costs

- crew member sleeping and toilet options

That would be the first things which I think we should look at but I'm sure that
there are plenty more which I did not mentioned or did not think off.

Talk to you soon and thanks for the previous brisk response.

Sincerely,

Frantisek