[Noisebridge-discuss] Hackers in Japan trip in November

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 6 07:48:04 UTC 2010

How would you like to go with us to Japan in November?

I'm helping organize a 17-day trip to Japan, where we'll visit many places and events of geek interest, plus some really great Japan destinations.  Akihabara (the electronics hobbiests' dream!), Nikko (old capital of Japan), Kyoto (plenty of old Japanese gardens and architecture), Osaka (post-industrial), two Tokyo hackerspaces, and much much more.

Local hackers will show us around everywhere we go.

This trip will introduce everyone to the culture of Japan, with plenty of activities on the itinerary, but leaving plenty of time to explore on one's own.

All (unique and very interesting) lodging and transportation (including air fare from San Francisco, and rides on the Shinkansen bullet train that goes 400km/hour) is included in the $3,133.70 price, a really decent price.

Other Hackers on a Plane tours have made significant changes to the people who went, and in some ways to the world.  The first Hackers on a Plane trip to Chaos Camp 2007 resulted in the formation of Noisebridge, and other early new wave hackerspaces.  What will the Hackers in Japan trip bring us?

If you interested, more info is available on the website:
http://www.hackersonaplane.info/hackers-in-japan-2010/
   and
http://www.hackersonaplane.info/category/hoap-4-hackers-in-japan/

Best,