[Noisebridge-discuss] (s)electing a new treasurer

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Sep 15 04:07:40 UTC 2010

It's been a year since we selected a treasurer, so it's time to do it
again!

First, thanks to Jeffrey Malone for serving as treasurer for the past
year.  AFAIK, he's interested in standing down (please correct me if I'm
wrong, Jeffrey).

Kelly Buchanan (hurtstotouchfire) is willing to serve as treasurer for
the next year.

We've discussed it at our Tuesday meeting the last several weeks, and
nobody else has expressed interest in the position.  If anybody would
like to, please speak up.

I believe that legally, the board has to make a formal motion to appoint
a new treasurer.  A formal vote of the membership is not needed to
appoint a new officer.  The board should implement a consensus of the
membership.

In the absence of any objection, we'll discuss this at Tuesday meetings
for two more weeks, then consense, then the board will act on the
consensus.

Thanks,
-andy