[Noisebridge-discuss] To Your Wishes: An evening of guaranteed chance...

Rachel Lyra Hospodar rachel at fernworks.net
Thu Sep 23 01:49:52 UTC 2010

((hey listers!  invite your friends!  email moxie or me and offer to
help with throwing the party!  we will beg for help more specifically
soon but won't you be so much cooler if you volunteer first?))

To Your Wishes: An evening of guaranteed chance...
Noisebridge, 2169 Mission St, SF
Saturday, October 2nd
doors 7:30
show up to vote by 9:30
party on into the night.

Noisebridge is turning 3 and is celebrating with an experimental
birthday party! There will be food, drinks, music, death-swings,
dancing, and contests of strength, wit, and agility.

Guests are invited to attend with $10 and (optionally) a hare-brained
scheme. The thrust of the event will then be deciding which hare-brained
scheme to spend all the collected money on. If 100 people turn up,
you'll be a part of a group that has $1000 to spend. If 200 show up,
$2000. Ideas could range from the obvious (blow it all on booze at that
instant), to the whimsical (buy a "bouncy castle" that everyone will
have 1/200th ownership of), to the insurrectionary (that'd be one hell
of a reclaim the streets sound system), to the excessive (buy a few
thousand dollars worth of bouncy-balls and unleash them somewhere in the
city). Maybe we could even buy land somewhere? Anything goes, and it's
likely that the most hare-brained of the hare-brained schemes will prevail.

The hope is that by spending $10 you'll have at least $1000 at your
disposal, along with a room full of co-conspirators to help make the
best use of it. We'll be providing a super fast paced visual voting
system, along with an infrastructure to make this the most ADD decision
ever made. This is a party, not a meeting.

Doors open at 7:30pm, and you have until 9:28pm to get in the door with
$10 and a plan. Afterwards, the party will continue on.
Noisebridge is located at 2169 Mission St, bring your friends.