[Noisebridge-discuss] to your wishes volunteers / rachel proliferation

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 18:29:22 UTC 2010

hey all,

I am hoping to get some of you to commit to helping at the event this
saturday!  Most urgently we need people to work shifts at the bar and door
as well as helping with general setup and cleanup.  If you are willing to
commit to an hour or two at the door or bar this would be super helpful and
not too painful for you, swear.  At the bar you would be responsible for
strongly encouraging people to donate when they get their drinks, and
checking identification (yes, really) to make sure we don't serve any
minors.  At the door you will take people's optional door fee and explain a
little bit about the whole voting thing.  Don't worry, we'll explain it to
you first.  You will also help people who are showing up for the comic book
event to find it, they will be set up in one of the classrooms.

If you aren't willing to commit to a specific time, but want to help, there
are a couple of things that we will need:
-general prep in the space, putting things away and tidying up.  getting
ready for lots of trash and recyclables to be generated
-helping frantisek in the kitchen for whatever experiments he decides to
serve, dishes
-tidying the space throughout the night - dealing with abandoned beverages,
cleaning up minor spills, talking down any crazy inebriated folks that
appear
-cleanup at 2am-ish, and early-ish the next day in advance of arse
electronica.

also, for those keeping track at home this is the same rachel as
rachel at fernworks.net and rachel at mediumreality.com... (but not
rachel at xtreme.com)... i am just  changing some email stuff around.

wooo!

R.